Over the years, the bathroom has evolved from a utility space to a personal sanctuary. It can now be a luxurious spa where you can relax and relieve the stress of your day. Let’s take a look at a few bathroom remodel ideas to consider and determine if they would be a good fit for your home. First, ask yourself these important questions:
- Is this bathroom remodel design timeless?
- Will this bathroom remodel be low maintenance?
- Will this bathroom remodel trend fit your personal budget?
Unique Tile Design, Shapes, and Patterns
Technology has made it possible for manufacturers to create tile designs of unlimited styles. It is not necessary to spend an exorbitant amount for beautiful tile materials to achieve the bathroom of your dreams. Creative tile layouts go beyond just graphics and colors, allowing you to craft more traditional tile into something more interesting. Favored tiles of decades past are now making a comeback by mixing and matching colors and shapes into unique and stunning layouts. You’re no longer limited to choosing between beautiful and affordable. A wide variety of shapes are available, like arabesque, diamond, chevron, hexagon, or Moroccan fish scale patterns in new textures and colors. These captivating shapes aren’t just for your floors either. They can be used on shower walls, bathroom backsplashes, as accents, and even on the ceiling to create interesting looks and textures.
So how do you decide if this trend is right for you? Here are the three questions you can ask that can help you decide.
- Is your chosen unique tile design trend timeless? Yes. It is one of the safest ways to enhance your bathroom without the fear it will soon become outdated.
- Is your chosen unique tile design low maintenance? Yes. Unique tiles are still tiles and require the same care as traditional tiles. Just be sure to stay away from a natural stone if low maintenance is essential to you.
- Will your chosen unique tile design fit your budget? Yes. One of the great things about the wide variety of tiles available is that you can almost always find something in your budget range.
In-Floor Heating Systems
If you’ve ever had to invest in a pair of warm slippers to avoid the ice-cold bathroom floor in the morning, consider adding an in-floor heating system to your bathroom remodeling wish list. In-floor heating systems can be used under various flooring materials and function exceptionally well under bathroom tiles. When the temperatures outside drop, an in-floor heating system can transform your bathroom floor into a soothing warm spa-like experience.
Technology makes these systems both convenient and automated, so you can set and forget them. If you are concerned about the mixture of water and electricity, these systems are completely safe and easy to use.
So how does an in-floor heating system stack up to our three test questions?
- Are in-floor heating systems timeless? Yes. Who could get tired of the comfort of a toasty warm floor on a chilly morning?
- Are in-floor heating systems low maintenance? Yes. With most of the systems embedded into your floor tile, there is virtually no upkeep.
- Will in-floor heating systems fit your budget? Well, that depends. There are many in-floor heating options at different price points, and you may find that they are a bit of a luxury item. However, we’ve never installed one for anyone who regretted the decision.
Unique Vanity Lighting
The strategic use of lighting has the potential to make a significant impact on how brightly your bathroom design shines. Thoughtful use of lighting will not only make a difference in style but function as well. Lighting around the vanity is not only functional and decorative, but a must when applying your makeup.
There are many lighting styles for the vanity area ranging from wall-mounted above-mirror fixtures to beautiful sconces. Another option are small pendants, which can be an excellent addition when placed correctly.
- Is unique vanity lighting timeless? It depends. With the plethora of options available in lighting design, there are certainly many classic options available. However, if you want to live a little on the design edge, you can use lighting to express your own personal design aesthetic.
- Is unique vanity lighting low maintenance? Yes. There is no additional upkeep with extra lighting.
- Will unique vanity lighting fit your budget? Yes. Vanity lighting options are numerous, and it’s certainly possible to find something that’s a great fit without breaking the bank.
High Tech Toilets
Though bidets have been popular in Europe for a long time, they’ve only gained popularity in the US in recent years. With new technology and more options than ever, maybe a bidet is in your future. They offer a more luxurious experience and can leave you feeling more clean and fresh for your day. As an added benefit, some bidets also come with a self-cleaning option. So if given the opportunity never to clean a toilet again, wouldn’t you take it? Bidets also come in many different styles. No matter your style or taste, there’s a bidet out there for you!
- Are bidets timeless? Yes. We can all agree that clean toilets and good hygiene are never out of style. Also, with the rise in popularity, there are endless styles to choose from.
- Are bidets low maintenance? Yes. Though they have more electrical and plumbing aspects than a standard toilet, they are still relatively low maintenance. The self-cleaning options will also make weekly bathroom cleaning less of a chore.
- Will bidets fit your budget? It depends. As we have explained, there are endless options regarding the type, style and options you choose for your bidet.
One common thread evident in the three bathroom remodel trends discussed here is the desire to create your own unique style without creating something requiring additional maintenance. If you’re considering a bathroom remodeling project, keeping these points in mind will help you make the best decision possible for your needs.